Monday, January 6, 2014

Pesto Perfecto.

Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a great New Year and is getting an excellent start to the New Year. I thought I'd start off Taltalsays this year by posting my perfect pesto recipe. Pesto is such a fresh tasting sauce/condiment and it's not just for pasta anymore! I use it in a bunch of different recipes and I think its a perfect compliment to a dinner dish. Here is my recipe:


Ingredients needed:

  • 1/4 cup walnuts
  • 9 cloves of chopped garlic
  • 5 cups of fresh basil leaves (packed)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups of olive oil
  • 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
  1. Place walnuts and garlic in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process for 30 seconds.
  2. Add basil leaves salt and pepper.
  3. With the food processor running, slowly pour the olive oil in using the feed tube and process until pesto is pureed.
  4. Add the Parmesan cheese and puree for 1 minute.
  5. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment